Welcome to Safety Committee University
Welcome to the Safety Committee University. Whether your committee is experienced or brand new, we believe this site will provide your team with everything they need to become a high-functioning, engaged, safety resource for your operation.
How to find your way around:
Safety Committee University is a self-paced, on-demand training program with a welcome message and five separate video modules or sessions. These trainings are to be facilitated by the employer to ensure all training is complete. Use the training roster below to track attendance and provide optional training certificates once complete. To watch trainings, click on the modules 1 through 5 below. In each module you will find handouts and quizzes for each session. Please reach out to us on the "Contact Us" tab in the menu at the top of this page if you have further questions.
Special Thanks to:
*Optional: To be completed by employer for documentation of training. Print and fill out training roster by hand. Open Training Certificate Word document, enter Student's Name and click date field for date. Print and sign that student has completed all five Safety Committee University modules at the conclusion of the training.
welcome message - Introduction
module 1 - SC 101 - Roles & Responsibilities
module 2 - effective incident analysis
module 4 - sC 201 - Safety Committee Toolbox
module 3 - hazard identification
Module 5 - SC301 - Engaging Employees
" Lead with safety! Our CEO starts every single meeting with safety.
Every time! That really represents to everybody that this is important to us."
~ Tim Hart, Duro-Last Roofing
Learners will take away from this training:
- A welcome message from influential safety leaders
- An overview of the safety committee requirements in Oregon
- Documented Oregon OSHA required safety committee training certification
- High-level, best-in-class safety management training
- Encouragement to grow their safety program wherever it is currently under their specific and unique safety culture
- Inspiration to implement proven key safety habits that will get results
- A better understanding of the systems approach to accident/incident analysis and how to prevent incidents from happening again
- A comprehensive review of the most common hazards in the workplace and how to implement robust controls that will minimize the risk of injuries
- Examples of other organizations that have built best of the best safety committees
Safety Committee University
A joint venture of the American Society of Safety Professionals - Southern Oregon Chapter
and Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Founded in 1911, the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) is the world's oldest and largest professional safety organization. ASSP's mission is to advance the technical, scientific, managerial and ethical knowledge, skills and competency of safety, occupational health and environmental professionals for the protection of people, property and the environment.
Mission: To advance and improve workplace safety and health for all workers in Oregon. We’re dedicated to improving workplace safety and health in Oregon and committed to working with labor, business, and other government agencies to achieve that goal. We carry out our mission in a variety of ways, including consultation, services, enforcement, laboratory operation,
public education, and standards and technical resources.